Weird-Websites.info Do not copy for use on blogs,
The Good Luck
A devoted golfer moved to a new town in Connecticut.
Once they got to know him, his neighbors nominated him
for membership in the local country club, which was
famous for its especially challenging golf course.
One evening, a neighbor dropped by the newcomer's house.
"You're in," he said. "You can start playing first thing
tomorrow morning if you like."
The new member was the first one at the links the next
day. He was thrilled by the beauty of the course. The
grass was thick, lush and free of any kind of weed. He
had never seen a golf course so magnificently tended.
After he teed off, he picked up the tee and put it in
his mouth. At every hole, he used this tee. "I always do
this for luck," he told the other members. "This will be
my new good luck charm."
He played 18 holes of golf the first day. The next day
he returned for another 18 holes, once again using his
lucky tee. As he walked happily from hole to hole, he
chewed and sucked on the lucky tee, as if he were
ingesting its good luck.
On the third day, the golfer wasn't feeling well, but he
couldn't keep away from the links. He played badly, and
he felt worse. Yet he struggled from hole to hole, the
lucky tee stuck between his clenched teeth.
At the 13th hole, the golfer dropped dead.
An autopsy showed that he had died of poisoning. A
follow-up lab report on the lucky tee found that it
carried a lethal amount of pesticide—the type the
country club's groundskeeper used to kill weeds.
Variation: In another version of the story, the golfer
is a military man who dies, not from a lethal dose of
pesticide, but from a severe allergic reaction to a
supposedly harmless weedkiller that has been spread on
the golf course. The legend ends with the golfer's widow
winning a $20 million lawsuit against the manufacturer
of the weedkiller.
Story by Eric
Dylan Copyright Weird-Websites.info Do
not copy for use on blogs, websites etc